5 Simple Steps to Finally Achieve Your Goals
Did you know that out of 100 adults approximately 84% have no goals.
13% do have goals, but don’t write them down. However, this 13% earn twice the amount of the 84% who have no goals.
3% of adults set written goals. They earn, on average, 10 times as much as the other 97% combined.
Is this going to be the year you finally achieve your most important goals?
As you ease back into work, now is the perfect time to set your goals for the year. These can be both work related and personal. However, the most important feature of any goal is that it must be achievable.
Below are outlined 5 simple steps to that will teach you to set and actually achieve your goals for 2019. As you read each step, take the time to write down your answers. Then follow through on the goals you have set for yourself.
If you do this, you will arrive at the end of 2019 with a sense of accomplishment, having achieved your goals for the year.
- No more broken New Year’s resolutions.
- No deciding to give up that bad habit, and then going back to it a few weeks later.
- Your intentions to lose weight and get fitter, will get followed through this time.
- You are strong enough to actually save some money. No more wondering where it all went a few days after payday.
Make 2019 the best year of your life. Make this year the one where you really will make positive changes, and begin to achieve your dreams. The extraordinary power of goal setting to achieve success in your business and personal life is what makes having goals essential.
Remember, the only difference between a goal and a dream is a time table.
So, let’s get started.
Goal Setting with CTO – Writing Your First Goals
Firstly you will take the steps to define your goals, learn the four essential elements of writing goals, and then set your first 3 goals.
Step 1 – Define What your Goals are
A goal is a accomplishment which you are willing to work towards achieving. When writing goals, you have to first consider what you want to achieve, and then commit to it.
Set goals that motivate you, then plan the steps you have to take to realize your goals, and celebrate as you reach each milestone.
Fast Fact: Did you know that 92% of New Year’s goals fail by January 15th?
Step 2 – Write Down your Goals
Writing your goals down results in more explicit statements of intent, and strengthens your commitment. Goals must be Written Down, to make them feel tangible.
Place your goals in a spot where you can read them morning and night, as this allows you to reinforce your commitment to your goals, and to track how you are progressing in achieving your desired outcome.
Fast Fact: Statistics show that people who write down their goals have an 80% higher success rate of achieving them.
Step 3 – Learn the Four Elements of Writing Goals
Each goal should have four defined elements:
- Action Verb
- Measurable Outcome
- Specific Date
- Cost or Resource Constraint
See the examples below to identify these elements (highlighted in bold)
- Acquire three new clients which will allow me to grow my business revenue by 20% by March 15, by launching a social media marketing campaign at a cost of $400 per month.
- Write a 150-page book to establish me as an expert on Web Site Development by writing one chapter per month, until 31 August 2019. The cost to publish my book will be no more than $800.
- Save over 5,000 into a high interest account for an overseas holiday by December 1, by reducing meals out to 2 per week, and having $100 per week automatically transferred from my pay.
- Lose 6kg so I can wear my favourite dress to my cousin’s wedding on 20 April, by swimming or cycling before work each day for 45 minutes.
Step 4 – Write Your First Goal
Now that you know the elements required to write goals, try writing a simple goal of your own which includes all these elements.
Action Verb: __________________________________________________________
Measurable Outcome: __________________________________________________
Specific Date: _________________________________________________________
Cost or Resource Constraint: _____________________________________________
Now Write Two More Goals
Once you have written your first goal, then write down two more. Make each written goal an accomplishment to be achieved. Make them quite different, so you can focus on each goal in relation to that area. For example:
- Increase my aerobic fitness by …….
- Save $ into a high interest account so …….
- Study on Tuesday evening each week for …….
Step 5 – Plan to Achieve Your Goals
- Your goals are an accomplishment for you to achieve. Enjoy the process of setting and achieving your goals.
- Write down your goals. Place them on your mirror, your wardrobe door, beside your bed, or somewhere you will see them each morning and evening.
- Read your goals twice daily to help reinforce your commitment to achieve your goals.
- Enjoy your progress, and congratulate yourself for small wins along the way.
- Focus solely on your desire to achieve your goals.
- Have faith in yourself that you will get there.
- If you get off track, don’t give up! We are all human after all. So, simply forgive yourself, then start again at working towards your goals.
The information covered here is drawn from the CTO Training Course – Goals and Goal Setting
About Corporate Training Options
Corporate Training Options provides courses in essential business skills. Your training is customised, and delivered onsite at your workplace, by a team of more than 300 expert trainers, Australia-wide.
The courses provide a cost-effective way of ensuring you and your staff develop strong skills in:
- Leadership & Management
- Strategic Business Planning
- Project Management
- Marketing & Sales
- Customer Service & Relationship Management
- Business Administration
- Finance & Accounting Skills
- People Management & HR
- Computer Training
CTO’s Training courses are tailored to meet your requirements, and your training is provided on-site, on dates which suit you.
We look forward to working with you, to build your confidence, improve your efficiency and maximise your potential.
For more information on the range of Business Training Courses available, please visit the CTO website – cto.com.au
Corporate Training Options
Professional Training – Exceptional Results