Introduction to Computers – Windows and Microsoft Office
The training course – Introduction to Computers – Using Windows and Microsoft Office – will help you extend your understanding of how to use computers.
The skills acquired are sufficient to use the software to perform tasks including starting applications, creating folders, copying and moving files, and personalising Windows.
The topics covered include:
- Healthy Computing
- Computer Hardware
- Getting started with Windows 10
- Working with Desktop Windows
- Using Common Windows Apps
- Data Storage on Your Computer
- Working with Folders
- Working with Files
- Understanding Word Processing
- How Spreadsheets Work
- About the Internet
- Microsoft Edge Basics
- Navigating Web Pages
- Searching the Web
- Using Email
What You Can Expect from CTO with onsite, customised Windows and Microsoft Office Courses
When partnering with CTO for training in your business, you can anticipate:
- A chance to address specific skill gaps or develop process improvements through a clearer understanding of what your software tools can accomplish
- Highly skilled training professionals who have the well-developed skills necessary for advancing your understanding of Excel. Our facilitators are continually developing new skills and refining their existing abilities. Our clients find that our trainers are very adept at sharing their learning with others, and we’re confident you and your staff will enjoy the experience just as thoroughly.
- Training that goes right to the heart of what you need to learn, rather than spending valuable hours of your time recapping things you already understand. Our courses presume that those involved have a certain level of experience with Excel.
With nearly 30 years of experience in the computer training industry, CTO has presented high-value training for our clients across many industries. To develop new strengths through training, we equip your team with the tools necessary for enhanced productivity and long-term success. Discover how we can help you with Windows and Microsoft Office training for your team. Call us today – 1300 667 660.
This course assumes little or no knowledge of personal computers or the Microsoft Windows or Microsoft Office software.
This course has only one level
At the completion of this course you will be able to:
- Work safely with your computer, consider your impact on the environment and manage files and folders efficiently
- Explain the various hardware components of the computer
- Understand the various types of software
- Work with the basic components of the Windows 10 interface
- Work with desktop program and app windows
- Work with several of the default Windows apps
- Understand data storage and navigate your computer’s drives, folders and files
- Navigate the folder hierarchy and work with folders
- Manage files on your computer
- Understand the history of word processing and the types of documents that can be word-processed
- Understand some of the key underlying concepts of spreadsheets
- Understand some of the theoretical aspects of the internet
- Use Microsoft Edge to access the internet, search for and locate information
- Navigate web pages
- Understand and conduct effective searches of the internet
- Start Microsoft Outlook and navigate its key features
Introduction to Computers & Microsoft Office – Online Training
Online Training – Private Courses
You can book private, customised, online training for your organisation. To do this, please click on the Book Online Training button on this page.
Online Training – Public Courses
You can attend Introduction to Computers and Microsoft Office Online Workshops, by selecting your date from the list below. You can book up to 8 trainees for these public workshops.
The Introduction to Computers and Microsoft Office Online Workshops are presented by a CTO Facilitator, in a live virtual classroom.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)|
|Intro to Computer & MS Office||04/08/2020||9:30am - 4:30pm||Online Training||$385.00||Enrol|
|Intro to Computer & MS Office||01/09/2020||9:30am - 4:30pm||Online Training||$385.00||Enrol|
|Intro to Computer & MS Office||06/10/2020||9:30am - 4:30pm||Online Training||$385.00||Enrol|
|1-3 trainees||$995||per day|
|4-8 trainees||$1,495||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$120||per day|