Microsoft Project – Introduction
Your Microsoft Project Introduction course will provide the skills and knowledge sufficient to be able to create a new project, enter and work with tasks and resources, schedule and track a project, manage and monitor project costs, and print effective project information.
You will learn:
- How Microsoft Project Works
- Understanding Sheet Views
- Project Management Tasks & Resources
- The Importance of Planning
- Understanding the Gantt Chart
- Steps in Creating a Project
- Calendar Options
- Creating New Resource and Task Calendars
- Setting up Project Information
- Creating Tasks
- Entering Milestones
- Viewing the Critical Path
- Resourcing a Project
- Entering Work, Material and Cost Resources
- Understanding & Adjusting Resource Availability
- Resourcing Concepts
- Assigning Resources
- Printing Gantt Charts, Sheet Views, Resources & Tasks
- Understanding How Help can be Accessed
What You Can Expect from CTO with onsite, customised Microsoft Project Introduction Courses
When partnering with CTO for training in your business, you can anticipate:
- A chance to address specific skill gaps or develop process improvements through a clearer understanding of what your software tools can accomplish
- Highly skilled training professionals who have the well-developed skills necessary for advancing your understanding of Microsoft Project. Our facilitators are continually developing new skills and refining their existing abilities. Our clients find that our trainers are very adept at sharing their learning with others, and we’re confident you and your staff will enjoy the experience just as thoroughly.
- Training that goes right to the heart of what you need to learn, rather than spending valuable hours of your time recapping things you already understand.
With nearly 30 years of experience in the computer training industry, CTO has presented high-value training for our clients across many industries. To develop new strengths through training, we equip your team with the tools necessary for enhanced productivity and long-term success. Discover how we can help you with Microsoft Project Introduction training for your team. Call us today – 1300 667 660.
This course is primarily designed for people who need to know how to manage projects and all elements such as tasks, resources, and costs, associated with projects.
This course is an Introduction into Microsoft Project Introduction*
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Start Microsoft Project and identify how it works
- Explain some of the key concepts associated with project management
- Enter tasks into a project file
- Create relationships between tasks in a project
- Understand and use resource assignment calculations
- Assign resources to tasks using a number of different methods
- Use various techniques for levelling over allocation of resources
- Assign material resources in a project
- Assign and track costs within a project
- Apply constraints and deadlines to tasks in a project
- Track the progress of a project
- Print various aspects of a project
Microsoft Project Introduction – Online Training
Online Training – Private Courses
You can book private, customised, online training for your organisation. To do this, please click on the Book Online Training button on this page.
Online Training – Public Courses
You can attend Microsoft Project Introduction Online Training, by selecting your date from the list below. You can book up to 8 trainees for these public workshops.
The Microsoft Project Introduction Online Training Workshops are presented by a CTO Facilitator, in a live virtual classroom.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)|
|Microsoft Project - Introduction||06/10/2020||9:30am - 4:30pm||Online Training||$485.00||Enrol|
|1-3 trainees||$1,795||per day|
|4-8 trainees||$2,495||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$150||per day|