Microsoft Word – Introduction
This hands-on beginner’s course aims to give the learner a sound grounding in the use of Microsoft Word to create everyday documents required either at work or at home.
Particular emphasis is placed on developing accurate and well-designed documents.
The course begins by showing the learner how to navigate around Microsoft Word. It then quickly gets the learner to create a new document before moving onto features such as text manipulation and enhancement, creating and using tabs and tables, embellishing documents with clip art and pictures, creating multiple documents through merging and printing documents.
The course covers:
- your first document
- working with a document
- viewing documents
- working with text
- cutting and copying
- text appearance
- working with paragraphs
- working with pages
- performing a mail merge
- printing your documents
- getting help
- a guide to brilliant documents
What You Can Expect from CTO with onsite, customised Microsoft Word Courses
When partnering with CTO for training in your business, you can anticipate:
- A chance to address specific skill gaps or develop process improvements through a clearer understanding of what your software tools can accomplish. Explore our training course page for a full list of the topics we cover in your Word training.
- Highly skilled training professionals who have the well-developed skills necessary for advancing your understanding of Word. Our facilitators are continually developing new skills and refining their existing abilities. Our clients find that our trainers are very adept at sharing their learning with others, and we’re confident you and your staff will enjoy the experience just as thoroughly.
- Training that goes right to the heart of what you need to learn, rather than spending valuable hours of your time recapping things you already understand. Our courses presume that those involved have a certain level of experience with Word.
With nearly 30 years of experience in the computer training industry, CTO has cultivated a proud legacy of high-value training for our clients across many industries. From shoring up weaknesses to developing new strengths through better training, we equip your team with the tools necessary for enhanced productivity and long-term success. Discover how we can help when you arrange your Word training today.
This course is primarily designed for people who need to know how to use Microsoft Word to create a range of documents such as letters, memos, faxes, and reports.
It is ideal for people who work in offices where there is a requirement to produce reports, tabularise numbers and more.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- create a new document
- work with a document
- display documents using various views
- select and work with text in a document
- cut and copy information within and between documents
- use a range of font formatting techniques
- format paragraphs
- work effectively with features that affect the page layout of your document
- work with tabs
- create and modify tables
- insert and work with pictures in a Word document
- use the Mail Merge Wizard to perform mail merges
- print a document
- obtain help for Word whenever you need it
- create high quality document designs and layouts
Microsoft Word Introduction – Online Training
Online Training – Private Courses
You can book private, customised, online training for your organisation. To do this, please click on the Book Online Training button on this page.
Online Training – Public Courses
You can attend Microsoft Word Introduction Online Training, by selecting your date from the list below. You can book up to 8 trainees for these public workshops.
The Microsoft Word Introduction Online Training Workshops are presented by a CTO Facilitator, in a live virtual classroom.
|Name||Date||Time||Location||Cost (inc GST)|
|Microsoft Word - Introduction||06/10/2020||9:30am - 4:30pm||Online Training||$385.00||Enrol|
|1-3 trainees||$995||per day|
|4-8 trainees||$1,795||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$120||per day|