Microsoft Excel – Introduction
The skills and knowledge acquired in this Microsoft Excel – Introduction course are sufficient to be able to give you a thorough grounding in the basics of spreadsheeting and using Microsoft Excel. Particular emphasis is placed on the importance of accuracy, good formula building techniques, and sound formatting and design principles.
- Getting to know Excel
- Creating a new workbook
- Working with workbooks
- Editing in a workbook
- Selecting ranges
- Copying data
- Filling data
- Moving data
- Formulas and functions
- Formula referencing
- Font formatting
- Cell alignment
- Number formatting
- Row and column formatting
- Working with a worksheet
- Sorting data
- Creating charts
- Getting help
- A guide to brilliant spreadsheets
To get a quote for this course today, click here
What You Can Expect from CTO with onsite, customised Microsoft Excel Courses
When partnering with CTO for training in your business, you can anticipate:
- A chance to address specific skill gaps or develop process improvements through a clearer understanding of what your software tools can accomplish
- Highly skilled training professionals who have the well-developed skills necessary for advancing your understanding of Excel. Our facilitators are continually developing new skills and refining their existing abilities. Our clients find that our trainers are very adept at sharing their learning with others, and we’re confident you and your staff will enjoy the experience just as thoroughly.
- Training that goes right to the heart of what you need to learn, rather than spending valuable hours of your time recapping things you already understand. Our courses presume that those involved have a certain level of experience with Excel.
With nearly 30 years of experience in the computer training industry, CTO has presented high-value training for our clients across many industries. To develop new strengths through training, we equip your team with the tools necessary for enhanced productivity and long-term success. Discover how we can help you with Excel Introduction training for your team. Call us today – 1300 667 660.
This course is primarily designed for people who need to know how to use Microsoft Excel for real-world applications such as budgeting, analysing sales, producing reports, creating charts and graphs, and managing small lists.
Duration: 1 Day
This course covers Microsoft Excel at the Introduction level.
At the completion of this course participants will be able to:
- Navigate around Microsoft Excel
- Create a new workbook
- Open and navigate within workbooks and worksheets
- Understand and work with ranges in a worksheet
- Understand, create and work with formulas and functions used to perform calculations
- Copy and paste data in Excel
- Understand and use formula cell referencing to create more complex formulas
- Use font formatting techniques to greatly enhance the look of a worksheet
- Align the contents of cells in a number of ways
- Format rows and columns in a worksheet
- Understand and use the number formatting features in Excel
- Print workbook data
- Create effective charts in Microsoft Excel
Microsoft Excel – Introduction – Online Training
Online Training – Private Courses
You can book private, customised, online training for your organisation. To do this, please click on the Book Online Training button on this page.
The Microsoft Excel – Introduction Online Workshops are presented by a CTO Facilitator, in a live virtual classroom.
|1-3 trainees||$995||per day|
|4-8 trainees||$1,595||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$120||per day|