Call Centre Success – Essential Skills
The Call Centre Success course will teach you the basics of providing high quality customer service and how to understand and respond to customer needs.
You will learn about:
- Your Valuable Role
- Why First Impressions count
- The Call Centre Challenge
- The Quality Call
- Six Elements of Professionalism
- Manage the Customer Call
- Know Your Products and Services
- Be a Team Player
- Remain Customer Focused
- Take Responsibility
- Ten Essential Communication Skills
- Using the Customer’s Language
- Closing the Conversation
- Shaping Your Attitude
- The Contact Centre Workload
- How to Create a Self Improvement Plan
- Define Your Objectives
- Develop Your Action Plan
Boost Your Bottom Line with Call Centre Success Training
Your customers’ positive experience with your organisation is crucial and call centre training can make all the difference when it comes to customer satisfaction and retention. A customised Call centre workshop, which focusses on the areas that your team need to improve, can give your employees the skills they need to handle a variety of situations and provide the best service possible. Corporate Training Options offers the training that you need to stand out from the competition.
Benefits of Call Centre Success Training
While it’s true that it takes a variety of elements to create a successful business, nothing is as important as customer service. Every interaction you have with a customer or prospective customer is an opportunity to impact your bottom line. In fact, excellent customer service offered by your call centre team is often the thing that separates successful businesses from failures. Here are some of the benefits of call centre training.
- Improved customer service skills. Call centre training can help your employees improve their existing skills and acquire the new ones they need to provide optimal service. Your training program may focus on enhancing communication, problem-solving, listening, or organisational skills to give your team’s motivation and engagement a boost while creating better customer service throughout the company.
- Higher employee morale. When you provide your team with call centre training, you send the message that the roles they play have a substantial impact on the organisation. A company that invests in training shows that they care about employee motivation and satisfaction and continual progress and development. In turn, your employees become more efficient at their jobs and better equipped to handle customer interactions effectively.
- Increased customer satisfaction. Improving the skills of your call centre team will naturally lead to an increase in customer satisfaction and retention. Effective training sharpens the ability of your call centre representatives to resolve issues and cut down on the number of return calls you receive. When your customers feel respected and appreciated, the result is a more successful company and repeat patronage.
Signs you should Invest in Call Centre Skills Training
Is call centre training right for you? Remarkable customer service is about much more than merely managing issues and complaints effectively. It’s also about delivering a positive experience with every customer interaction – because loyal customers are worth much, much more than one purchase. Here are a few signs that your team can benefit from customer service training.
- Your online reputation needs improvement. Unhappy customers can immediately take to social media and review sites to air their grievances. The next thing you know, your company is being scrutinised by your potential customers as one to avoid. Developing a bad online reputation can quickly destroy what you’ve worked so hard to build. Provide employee training to keep this from happening to you, or to undo the damage if you’ve already had some negative public experiences.
- Low customer retention. How many of your customers are return customers? If you have far more new customers than repeat business, then your team may be falling short when it comes to customer service. It may also mean that your marketing department is too focussed on attracting new customers while your sales team fails to deliver excellent post-sale service. Whatever the reason for the gap, you may want to consider investing in customer service training.
- Frequent manager escalations. Often, when customers become agitated with their service, they’ll ask to speak with a manager. The most common reasons for this request are that the customer feels that the representative with whom they’re speaking cannot handle the situation, does not know enough about their concern, or is unwilling to help. With adequately trained employees, these issues come up less frequently, and you can avoid many manager escalations. The right training can help you bridge this gap and provide better service for your customers.
Common Mistakes people make regarding Call Centre Training
Today’s call centre customers expect convenience, respect, and friendly assistance. Industry competition and technology mean that they don’t have to tolerate inferior service – and they won’t. Here are some common mistakes made by call centres that drive customers away.
- Long hold times. One of the main reasons why customers dread making calls is the long hold times they’ve come to expect. It may be unrealistic to think that you can avoid putting customers on hold altogether. However, you can minimise the amount of time your customers must spend waiting. If your hold times are exceeding a few minutes or so, then it’s imperative to find ways to bring these times down.
- Being shuffled around. Another problem that callers hate is when they are transferred from agent to agent in an attempt to find someone who can solve their problem. You can keep the problem to a minimum by cross training your agents to handle a wider variety of issues, utilising conference calls, and investing in smarter software that routes customers to the agent most qualified to meet their needs.
- Requesting redundant information. Few things are as aggravating as when you call a company and enter information about yourself or tell it to an agent – only to be asked to repeat it five minutes later. This repetition shows that your system is insufficient, and it annoys your customers. It also makes your calls take longer than they should.
If your call centre is making these or other mistakes that are costing you customer satisfaction, Corporate Training Options can help.
Why choose Corporate Training Options for your Call Centre Training?
With almost 30 years of experience in the industry, CTO is Australia’s leading call centre training provider. We understand that your business results hinge upon how successfully your teams perform and that it’s important to have a partner who can pinpoint the training you need and how best to deliver it.
CTO has over 200 experienced professional facilitators nationwide, who will understand the specific requirements of your organisation and how to train your team to successfully achieve the results you need.
We provide on-site or online training on dates that suit you, and we can customise your training workshops to meet your requirements.
Contact us today to organise your Call Centre Success training program
This course has only one level
- The BEST Customer Service System
- Calming Upset Customers
- Customer Service Excellence
- Beyond Customer Service - Effective Programs to Retain Your Customers
- Telephone Courtesy & Customer Service Skills
- Handling Difficult People and Situations
- Customer Satisfaction
- Customer Service in the Information Age
- Professional Telephone Skills
When you complete this course you should have achieved a number of learning outcomes for your call centre team.
These outcomes include being able to:
- Explain the basics of providing high quality customer service
- Describe the six elements of professionalism
- Explore how to understand and respond to customer needs
- Provide techniques for building effective communication skills
- Discuss the importance of a positive attitude
- Describe how to create and use a self-improvement plan
|1-3 trainees||$1,999||per day|
|4-20 trainees||$2,999||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$499||per day|