Handling Difficult People and Situations
Handling Difficult People and Situations are skills which are important to us all.
The knowledge gained from this course will help you learn to deal with difficult people and situations in a professional and diligent manner.
The topics covered include:
- The personality profiles of difficult people
- Who are the difficult people in your life
- How you see and hear difficult people
- Do you contribute to the problem
- The power of a difficult person
- Degrees of difficulty
- Your favourite difficult person
- Your first response, and getting past the first response
- Go, or No Go
- Making a Plan and Finding the Words
- Planning to deal with difficult people
- Strategies for dealing with different types of people
- Leading the difficult customer to a better outcome
- The LEAD Model – Listen, Explore, Attend, Deliver a Solution
- Being the difficult person yourself
- Appreciative Inquiry
Why Your Employees should take a Course in Conflict Resolution and Dealing with Difficult Situations
You can give your team the skills they need to effectively handle difficult customer situations with our course – Dealing with Difficult People and Situations. While dealing with difficult people and behaviours can be challenging, it can offer you valuable opportunities to improve your business and customer service. The strategies your staff will learn from this course will also be helpful in other areas, including co-worker relationships and those between employees and management.
Benefits of learning skills in Conflict Resolution and Dealing with Difficult People & Situations
There are various benefits to taking our course in handling difficult people and situations.
- It can prevent losing customers: It is important to remember that not all customers will speak up if there is something wrong. Therefore, your difficult customers can help you to gain insight into your organisation and allow you to make necessary changes. These changes can aid in your quiet customers returning to your organisation without them having to mention any issues, because you already fixed them.
- You can provide a better customer experience: Some difficult people merely want their concerns heard. By improving your listening skills and learning to resolve problems quickly and efficiently, you can provide your clientele with an excellent customer experience. These demanding customers are more likely to return to your business, which can help to increase sales and brand loyalty.
- It can improve the structure of your business: Handling difficult customers requires various skills such as patience, compassion, empathy, and the motivation to provide a positive experience. You can learn these skills and more through our course, which can help you implement effective and practical protocols within your business.
Problems that the Dealing with Difficult People Course Addresses
Our course contains learning outcomes that will equip you with the knowledge to deal with difficult behaviours professionally and diligently.
- How to identify difficult people: We help you to identify difficult people based on specific characteristics and what rewards they get from their behaviour. Our facilitator will help you to understand the personality profiles of difficult people.
- Various degrees of difficult people: We teach you the different degrees of difficult people and how to avoid a negative response. You can have an effective plan ready when dealing with these customers and know which words to use.
- Lead a customer to better outcomes: We teach valuable skills that will enable your employees to listen, explore the situation, attend to the customer, and deliver a solution to the issue.
Why choose Corporate Training Options for your Dealing with Difficult People Training?
Corporate Training Options understands that your team faces challenges in the workplace every day. How they manage these difficult situations can have a direct impact on how successfully your teams perform. Our professional facilitators will teach your staff the skills and strategies required to manage difficult people and situations with professionalism and empathy.
CTO works with over 7,000 clients around Australia, presenting training experiences that engage both large and small groups and fuel motivation, improve confidence and lead your team to better outcomes.
So, if you’re ready to invest in your team, Corporate Training Options can offer friendly, professional advice. We’ll discuss your needs, and tailor your training program to suit your requirements.
Contact us today.
This course has only one level
When you complete this course you should have achieved a number of learning outcomes. These outcomes include:
- Identify who the difficult people in your life have been in terms of their characteristics and the rewards they get for behaving as they do.
- Examine how your personal beliefs and values play into the way you deal with difficult people.
- Identify the ‘sources of power’ your difficult people have over you, and you’ll learn the degree of difficulty posed by each one.
- Assess each difficult person to enable you to make a good decision about how to handle each situation you face.
- Identify tools to help you find the right words, and you’ll receive a process model to guide you though the interaction with uncommon grace and skill.
|1-3 trainees||$1,999||per day|
|4-20 trainees||$2,999||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$499||per day|