Handling Difficult People and Situations
Handling Difficult People and Situations are skills which are important to us all.
The knowledge gained from this course will help you learn to deal with difficult people and situations in a professional and diligent manner.
The topics covered include:
- The personality profiles of difficult people
- Who are the difficult people in your life
- How you see and hear difficult people
- Do you contribute to the problem
- The power of a difficult person
- Degrees of difficulty
- Your favourite difficult person
- Your first response, and getting past the first response
- Go, or No Go
- Making a Plan and Finding the Words
- Planning to deal with difficult people
- Strategies for dealing with different types of people
- Leading the difficult customer to a better outcome
- The LEAD Model – Listen, Explore, Attend, Deliver a Solution
- Being the difficult person yourself
- Appreciative Inquiry
This course has only one level
When you complete this course you should have achieved a number of learning outcomes. These outcomes include:
- Identify who the difficult people in your life have been in terms of their characteristics and the rewards they get for behaving as they do.
- Examine how your personal beliefs and values play into the way you deal with difficult people.
- Identify the ‘sources of power’ your difficult people have over you, and you’ll learn the degree of difficulty posed by each one.
- Assess each difficult person to enable you to make a good decision about how to handle each situation you face.
- Identify tools to help you find the right words, and you’ll receive a process model to guide you though the interaction with uncommon grace and skill.
|1-3 trainees||$1,595||per day|
|4-8 trainees||$1,995||per day|
|Each additional trainee||$195||per day|